telephone: 0 232 412 4016 0 232 412 4016
Public Health Specialist, 1994, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Public Health, Ankara.
Master at Public Health – Epidemiology (M.P.H), 1992, Emory University, School of Public Health, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
Medical Doctor, 1987, Dokuz Eylul University, Faculty of Medicine, İzmir.
Trainings and Seminars:
Dynamics of Contraceptive Method Usage – “Contraceptive Dynamics Seminar” “Survival Analysis Techniques”, 8 – 27 October 1995, Calverton – Maryland- USA.
Educational Skill Course, DEUMF, 1998 (one week)
Course on Problem Based Learning, DEÜMF, 1998 (one week)
Cancer Epidemiology, IARC, Budapest, 1-15 March 2000
Course on Qualitative Investigations 14-16 June 2004, İzmir, Antwerp University Dept. Gen. Practice
2003- Dokuz Eylül University, Professor at the Department of Public Health
1998 – 2003 Dokuz Eylül University, Associate Professor at the Institute of Oncology, Department of Preventive Oncology
2.2002 -2.2005 Head of the same Department, Commissioned at the Department of Public Health
1994 – 1997 Assistant Professor at Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Public Health
1988 – 1994 Research Associate at Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Public Health.
1988-1990 Research Associate, 1990-1992 Master Student at Emory University, 1992-1994 Research Associate at HUMF, March-1994 Qualified Research Associate.
1990-1992 Researcher, Centers for Disease Control, Division of Fertility Health, Center for Health Education and Promotion.
1988 Doctor at Medical Care Center in the Basciftlik Subdistrict of Niksar District of the Province of Tokat
– Being in charge of the epidemiology applications on computer during the “Epidemiologic Information Systems” Course carried by HU Medical Faculty, Department of Public Health. (These one-month courses were carried out for 7 times and trained 120 doctors and, except them, other 20 personnals working in Health Departments) 1994 – 1997.
– Epidemiology lessons within the program of “Compliance Training” carried in 31 provinces by the Health Project of Ministry of Health, 1995.
– “Logistic Regression Course” in the V. National Public Health Congress, Istanbul, October 1996. (With Prof Dr. S. Tezcan)
– Epidemiology and Biostatistics Course, Instructors Union, İzmir April – May 1998. (Together with Prof Dr. G. Aksakoğlu and Prof Dr. F. İkiz)
– Epidemiology and Biostatistics Course at First Step, İzmir Health Board, Konak Group Presidency, November – December 2000. (Together with Prof Dr. G Aksakoğlu, Doç . Dr. R Uçku, Yrd.Doç. Dr. Belgin Aslan)
– Epidemiology and Biostatistics Course towards academic members of DEUMF 10.2001, 2.2002.( 1 week, together with Prof Dr. G. Aksakoğlu and Prof Dr. R. Uçku)
– Evidence Based Medicine and Critical Valuation Course towards academic members of DEUMF 2002-2008. (DEUMF together with the members of Evidence Based Medicine Commission)
– Course on SPSS Applications on Computer, İzmir Provincial Directorate of Health, 11.2002
– Course on “Evidence Based Medicine” for academic members of Çukurova University Medical Faculty, Adana, 8-10.1. 2003
– Evidence Based Medicine and Critical Valuation Course towards academic members of DEUMF 2002-2008. (Together with DEUMF members of Evidence Based Medicine Commission)
– “Evidence Based Medicine” course for academic members of Çukurova University Medical Faculty, Adana, May 2006
– Expert on the training of 5 different modules for the fellows within the Project of Ministry of Health about Controlling the Infectious Diseases and Developing Epidemiologic Surveillance 5.2008-12.2008